Our studio environment is among the friendliest around. Since we got rid of that guy who was trying to poison us. At least we think we got rid of him. Seriously, that dude had issues. Hell of a coder though. But we digress. It's a cool place to work. We also share more than 10% of our profits with our staff, and you don't see that every day.
Contract Engine Programmers.
- Reports to the project Producer.
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement a next-generation game
- Implementing, optimizing and maintaining core game engine systems
- Modify, enhance and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Straight Right's standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development
- Good grasp of and experience writing in assembler dialects (e.g. MIPS, PowerPC, X86)
- Experience writing in shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- Good familiarity with engine architectures
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to write clear, robust, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- Nintendo Wii or Wii U development experience
- 3 years' professional software development experience
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
- A degree in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred. Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
- Must be eligible to work in Australia (we cannot sponsor working visas).
Please email email@example.com with your CV attached, and include the words ‘Engine Aug 2013’ in the subject line of your email.
Please don't send in speculative applications as we can't hold onto them because we don't know when an opening will come up and when one does, we don't know if people 'on file' are still available, have new experience, etc.
The best thing to do is follow us on Facebook
, or keep an eye open on this jobs page as we also post all new openings here.